In the age of digital fraud, establishing trust is the base for any successful online business. Read on and learn how to grow your business faster by establishing trust with your online visitors and online shoppers.
Make your website or online store look clean and professional
Create a beautiful, professional-looking website. You absolutely must leave an impression of an established and successful business.
Here are some tips:
- Your website must be easy to view and navigate
- Use high quality, professional images that look like from a magazine
- Make sure you have quality textual info without typos and errors
- Avoid questionable color schemes or flashing banners
- Provide quality product pictures and accurate descriptions
Use inspiring customer testimonials
Provide inspiring testimonials by real and happy customers. The best strategy is to use short, but inspiring quotes from customers together with customer's name, photo and link to their website or business that confirms they are real.
Provide excellent customer support
Quick, responsive and precise customer support is the cornerstone of establishing trust between business and customer.
Here are some tips:
- Answer the most frequent questions in a FAQ section. Not only this will shave your and customer's time. This will show that you are an established business that performs day to day operations.
- Make it easy to contact you by e-mail and/or phone. This shows that you are willing to communicate and to provide support.
- Respond to customers quickly and precisely. This is an exceptional opportunity to demonstrate that you are a reliable and trustworthy partner that your customers can rely on.
Publish important company details
Show your visitors that you are a registered, established business.
- Business name
- Contact information, including phone numbers
- Office address, map and pictures
- In Europe, you may also consider publishing your company registration or tax ID
This shows your visitors that you are a real company with real business operations.
If, however, you are a one man show operating out of your own garage, then at least consider using yourself as a brand. Provide an "About Me" or "About Us" page that covers yourself or your team with pictures and descriptions. People are more likely to trust a real person than mysterious unregistered corporation.
Talk about what you do and know
Interesting publications and free professional advice published on your website can establish authority and greatly contribute to your credibility and visitor trust.
This is what we are doing right now. Our primary business is helping people create websites and online stores and grow business by means of our online apps. However, by writing this blog and dispensing free advice on growing business and becoming successful online we are showing our readers that we are competent, we really care and we love what we do and so can you with your own business.
Be active on social networks
While you can do without a Facebook page, being active and responsive on Facebook can greatly add to your credibility, by showing that you are a modern, responsive and friendly partner to deal with. Just remember how to do your Facebook marketing properly.
Terms of Service is essentially a page that presents a legal contract between you and your visitor or customer visiting your page.
Offer a money-back guarantee
If you run an online store, a great confidence booster may be a honest and clear money-back guarantee. As a matter of face, in EU such guarantee is mandatory. So why not use it as a marketing technique for boosting your credibility?
Present your awards and achievements
If you or your company has received any relevant awards from an authoritative organizations or completed any significant achievements or certifications, do not hesitate to promote this on your website. For example, if you design interiors and you have received an award for the best interior design in your city, let your visitors know. Likewise if your company is licensed to perform some specific work, let your visitors know. This can greatly boost your credibility and trustworthiness.
So here is a short summary on what you can do to boost your visitor confidence and establish greater trust online.
- Make your website look clean and professional
- Publish company details and contact info
- Use real, inspiring customer testimonials
- Provide excellent customer support
- Establish authority by talking about what you do and know
- Be active on social networks
- Offer a money-back guarantee
- Present your awards and achievements